Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Sorry I didn't get to post today! Rather than write an email AND post a blog each day, I'll write the email only and post the pictures here. If you aren't on my email list, and would like to be, please email me at pfeister@siu.edu.

Onto images! The first three are from driving through Missouri, when I took shelter at a restaurant from two tornado warned storms: one to my north east and one to my south west. If I was ten minutes ahead of or behind where I was, I may have ran into them...





The National Weather Center in Norman, Oklahoma:
Look familiar? The "pods" on the left and central is the original "Dorothy" from the movie "TWISTER", based on the original one used on the right...
The beautiful interior of the National Weather Center:
The Storm Prediction Center and other parts of NOAA. The NPC puts out all the watches and warnings for the United States.
On our first day down, I walked around Oklahoma University in Norman, which was beautiful!!!




For my mom and sister, because I knew they'd love this. Two black cats wandering around campus....




The Library:
At the Storm Prediciton Center: they still hand draw some of their maps to visually comprehend ALL the imformation needed to accuratly forcast... and they do it in crayon!

A forcaster at the NPC:
A beautiful painting at the National Weather Center:
Hey, meteorologists like doughnuts too...
Onward to Woodward, Oklahoma! Where it's so hot, spoons melt into the road....
A news station from Tulsa, Oklahoma is following the Center for Severe Weather Research...
Josh Wurman opens the first full V2 morning meeting. We do this every morning.... Dr. Wurman is on the right, someone from the Discovery Channel's "Storm Chasers" is filming on the left...
People prepare to take off tomorrow... Mike Bettes from the weather channel is in the hat...
I met Mike Bettes!

No comments:

Post a Comment